Monday, June 9, 2014

Fiji - day 5 onboard Blue Lagoon Fiji Princess


 
I woke up in time to take my sunrise photographs. We were still at Nanuya Lailai Island with our ship still tied up to the coconut  tree.

After breakfast our activity today consisted of a 1 hour 40 minute guided walk, up over the island to the other side. Of course I was taking pictures along the way.
While we ate lunch onboard, we started sailing north some more. 1 ½ hours later we arrived at our new destination Sawa-I-Lau caves, or more commonly known as the Blue Lagoon Cave since the Brooke Shield’s movie was filmed here. This was the first time I had ever been in a water cave. We were guided into two caverns, although it is believed to have about 100.

Tonight we were suppose to visit the village of Tamasua but because of the high tide winds, we just stayed put for the night. After dinner, the 1949 Jean Simmons version of the movie Blue Lagoon was shown but because I was now determined to wake up for all sunrises, I did not stay awake to watch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Thanks to share this great informative article. I have found many good things in this article and no doubt I have become a big fan of your blog. Really I will like if you continue this work.

Have a nice day...!!

Travel agents in Orissa