Saturday, July 13, 2013

I was having too much fun while on board the Celebrity Solstice (and I admit the internet was slow), so I did not write a post beyond day 3. Day 4 was cruising through Tracey Arm Fjord and although we did not have the best of weather, it was good enough to get pretty far into it. They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words so here are a few thousand....




 
Later that day we stopped in Juneau and although it rain (and rained hard), we still went to the Gold Rush Dogs musher camp. This was one of the most enjoyable shore excursions I have done in Alaska. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the seaplane over glaciers and salmon bake on my first time in Juneau but that was in 2002. Seeing over 100 dogs, each with their own doghouse and seeing how much they actually enjoy running, was a memory I will keep. Ending the day in the kennel with the newest dog (5 weeks old) was my highlight. Here are two pictures....

 

No comments: